Thursday, June 15, 2006

My, What a Large Monitor You Have!

I have secretly replaced my crappy old TV and my 17" CRT monitor with a new Samsung 23" HDTV monitor. Let's see if I notice...

It's really cool to have such a huge monitor, but the fact that the resolution isn't quite up to monitor specs, I can't get the resolution up to what I normally have it at, which means the letters are *huge* when I type... and given the size of the thing, I have to keep the new TV about 2 feet away from me.

Just for reference, here's what it looks like:



For the curious, the model number is LN-S2341W.

4 Comments:

Blogger Seppo said...

Compensating much?

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Andre Alforque said...

Cool deal! I've got the 26" and was thinking of using it as a computer monitor... but alas, I still don't own a cordless keyboard. Take a picture of your setup if you get a chance.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger hapacheese said...

Heh... Well, it's what I'm using at work, so there's not much of a "setup," per se :)

I've just got my uber-laptop and 360 hooked up to it... and it's surrounded by mountains of papers and folders :D

4:24 PM

 
Blogger A_B said...

At work, when I moved from a 17" to a 19", I was all excited about the new resolution it was going to have.

Turned out it didn't.

The 19" had the same resolution as the 17", but it made everything BIGGER.

Great.

4:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home