Monday, March 27, 2006

Suck

It really doesn't stop, does it?

Just moments before I left Japan, I got a phone call telling me that my dad was hospitalized with pneumonia. Given how damaged his lungs are from 50 years of smoking, any sort of lung sickness is potentially lethal, but I soon found out that he would be all right.

*Until*, that is, they decided to give him a look over and found out that his diabetes had caught up with him and his left leg was starting to turn necrotic/gangrenous. On Wednesday night, the night before my big meeting, they amputated his left leg. They're keeping an eye on his right leg to make sure it's all right.

This is turning into one hell of a year.

4 Comments:

Blogger eingy said...

Oh shit. I hope he's recovering from the surgery ok. I don't know what else to say.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger Seppo said...

ugh. When it rains, it pours. My condolences to your dad, and to you.

ugh.

3:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That's horrible news. Hang in there.

6:58 AM

 
Blogger   said...

I am (relatively) new to your blog so I did not see this before. I am very sorry to hear of your grandfather’s passing and of your father’s misfortune. These things do pass, and they can only strengthen you, even if for the immediate term the feeling is massively sucky.

5:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home