Friday, November 18, 2005

The Big Boss

...and I'm not referring to MGS3.

So, the big boss (the chairman of the entire corporate umbrella) and his son came to visit the office today. I just found out they were coming *yesterday*. I was originally told the son was coming (and that he would be working for me, but that's changed a bit... more on that in a second), but not the dad.

They came by my desk on a tour of the offices, and I was dressed fairly well. Made my introductions and generally didn't make an ass of myself, I don't think. Then they all went into their big corporate meeting and I figured it'd be a good chance for me to take my lunch break and head to the gym.

So, naturally, I go to the bathroom to get changed into my t-shirt and sweats, and who do I run into on the way out? The big wig entourage. Lovely. So, they see me in my sneakers and sweats and t-shirt... but I quickly duck out of the way and hope they didn't recognize me. *sigh*

Only ran into them a few more times throughout the day, so overall, I think everything is fine, but all the middle-aged ladies in the office are abuzz with excitement (the son is a decent-looking young man whose father is worth *millions*). I was originally supposed to be his boss, but due to some changes, he will be doing *some* work for me, but reporting to a VP. Which is strange, because apparently his title is EVP (executive vice president). It must be good to be the king.

Oh, and when I say "work for me," I really meant "sit there and watch what I do." It's unclear as to whether or not he will actually help me out with anything, but I figure it's a good way to get to know him, as he's likely to be the next big boss of the company.

Guess who's getting drunk next? :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Seppo said...

This sounds like a much, much better situation, to be honest. Nice.

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home