Saturday, January 14, 2006

If Gatorade Were Really Made from Gators...

...it'd taste a lot like chicken soup, I've learned.

Yes. I ate gator. Deep fried gator. Deep fried gator nuggets to be exact. And they tasted a lot like chicken. Well, the texture was slightly different, but it was suprisingly normal.

Kangaroo was on the menu as well, but that was all sold out. I guess they eat them some kangaroo here in Japan.

There's one more animal on my list of "animals that I never thought I'd end up eating, but did" list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seppo said...

Had some alligator when I was in Boston. One of my friends from New Orleans said that he'd eaten there (some Creole restaurant in Boston, near the Christian Science Reflecting Pool) and gotten some alligator tail that had had some buckshot lodged in it.

Tasty stuff, but not really something I'd go out of my way for, honestly.

Oh - same friend, apparently had an uncle or something that'd go out hunting 'gator with a steak (yes, the meat), and a ball-peen hammer.

Yeah. Crazy.

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home