Friday, January 26, 2007

No point, really.

Looks like I'm off to Japan again in just over a week's time. I had realized that my upgrade coupons were going to expire in March, so I decided to try and use them. Unfortunately, it appears that they are only valid on full-priced fares (which would just about double the cost of my ticket, which I likely wouldn't get approved). And the only other use I have for them is to access ANA's Lounge at SFO and Narita, but unfortunately (fortunately?), I just received my Platinum Mileage card, which gives me free, unfettered access to the lounges, anyway. So in other words, I just wasted a good, free upgrade to business class (one way only, though). Well, at least with my Platinum card, I get priority for free upgrades to Premium Economy, anyway. Still, nowhere nearly the same thing.

I've been keeping up the diet fairly well. Haven't managed to exercise nearly as much as Seppo, but considering I've been sick twice and traveled to Japan since the start of the bet, I don't think I'm doing too bad. Need to be doing better (3 lbs better, to be exact), but I'm sitting at a fairly comfortable 9.9 lbs lost since January 1. Not too shabby. All I've done so far is cut out all sodas, and nearly all juices from my diet (I have a glass of orange juice on occasion). I've cut down my coffee intake to 1 cup (sometimes 2, but only lightly sweetened) a day. And I stop eating whenever I start to feel full (instead of stuffing myself stupid). As a result, I've still been able to enjoy foods that I love, and my stomach has certainly calmed down a lot. I'm at the same weight I was at this point last year, but with noticeably more fat (and a lot less muscle). Still, I'm headed in a good direction now. Maybe it'll be the first time in about 5 years where I dip below the 200 lbs mark?

Random video: I probably would have peed my pants.

And because karaoke twice in one week isn't quite enough, heading out again this weekend with eingy, Seppo, and potentially a few other friends. Should be quite interesting as this is my first "official" time going to karaoke with a lot of them. And this will be the first time going with eingy and Seppo since they "discovered" the fun of karaoke. Should I bombard them with my Rick Astley impersonation? Or should I just throw the manly throttle into full gear (*cough*) and bust out some George Michael? Oh the choices.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, hate to burst your bubble, but karaoke has been the entertainment of choice for me & my friends since early high school. You know how Korean girls rolls. :D

11:56 PM

 
Blogger hapacheese said...

Okay, fine... First time since *Seppo* discovered the fun of karaoke :P

10:04 AM

 
Blogger eingy said...

Arg, pardon my extra "s"s. Heh.

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home