Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ridiculous Mundane Purchase

This week, I made a ridiculous, yet mundane purchase. I went out and got me a Dyson vacuum. Set me back about $400 after all was said and done (sticker price was $399, but it was on sale for $379, and had a 10% off coupon, along with $10 in gift certificates), but man... I love it.

So, we had a fairly powerful bagless vacuum before this one. It had done its duty for a good, I dunno, 4 years or so? The other day, it just stopped sucking up stuff. Luckily, we had a spare (both vacuums were gifts from my dad) that just simply sucked... err... didn't suck enough... whatever.

We needed to vacuum the apartment because it was simply a mess. We managed to fill up the entire (small) cannister on the old vacuum with dust and cat hair, but I could still see balls of fur stuck to the carpet that no matter how hard I tried, simply couldn't get the vacuum to pick up.

Frustrated, we went to Best Buy the next day with coupons in hand, and picked up a Dyson DC07. As soon as I got home, I fired it up and proceeded to clean the house again. Despite only being 24 hours after vacuuming the first time, I managed to fill up the entire (gigantic) cannister on the Dyson. There was enough fur to make a whole new cat, and not to mention a layer of dust about an inch thick at the bottom. Scary.

The vacuum also came with a 5 year warranty, so hopefully my investment will last me a good long while - I don't plan on buying another $400 vacuum any time soon. While it is ridiculously expensive, I think I will be getting my money's worth with this thing...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear those Dyson vacuums suck.

/that joke still kills me

//easily amused

A_B

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Seppo said...

Augh! I'm SO jealous, it's not even funny. DAMN YOU!!!!

6:09 PM

 
Blogger hapacheese said...

You know I bought it just to taunt you, right? That's also why I buy you games for consoles you don't own :P

8:41 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Seppo left a brocure for one of thsoe suckers are my place a few weeks back. Home goods pr0n.

9:17 AM

 
Blogger eingy said...

Man, you and Seppo should have had another weight loss challenge for the Dyson!

Seppo has been relentlessly brainwashing me about the Dyson for months, nay, years now, and this week, I gave up when woot had a deal on a refurb.

9:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They need to make a Roomba with 20hp. Vroom vroom!

- Mike

10:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home