Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Deeper Connection

So, my brother and his girlfriend came up from LA over the weekend to just chill. We went to my mom's cousin's house for lunch on Saturday (he's actually closer to us in age, and we actually work at the same company), as we hadn't seen his little kid in about a year. She's about to turn 2. Adorable little moppet.

I was a little worried that she would have forgotten me, not having seen her in so long. But the moment we walked up to the house, she smiled and came right over when I called her. From that moment on, we just bonded. She would mimic everything I did, would drag me away from the table to come sit on the living room floor and draw with her. I spent the entire afternoon making scribbles on her notepad in the various colors that she demanded.

At one point, I stuck out my fist and said, "Respect knuckles." She looked at me curiously. I took her hand, and put her fist against mine. I put my hand down, then lifted it again, "Respect knuckles." This time, she raise her hand and gave me a hearty thump on the knuckles. She knew what to do. I continued to test this out all afternoon, and unfailingly, every time I raised up my hand, she greeted me with respect knuckles. Her dad was sad he had never tried that. I was victorious.

I even got her to do the chest thumping "peace out" thing.


In other news, I officially past the 20 lbs mark this morning. So, I am at -20.6 lbs from my starting point back on January 1st, which puts me at 190.7 lbs. While I may have lost the bet with Seppo, I'm not letting up on my diet. My new goal is now 185... maybe even 180. We'll see.

But I think I'm going to have to start calling all the local shops on a daily basis to find a goddamn Wii. I stop by stores in the evening every few days to see if shipments have arrived, and unfailingly, whenever they *do* get shipments in, they are all sold out by the time I get there. It's ridiculous. Don't worry, Seppo! I will have your Wii!

1 Comments:

Blogger Seppo said...

I'll believe it when I see it. :D Still, pretty cool about your cousin's kid. Heh.

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home