Monday, February 26, 2007

Nine Whole Years

So, today marks our nine year anniversary of being together. Nine whole years, and we're still not married! :D In all seriousness, it doesn't feel that long, but that's a very large chunk of our lives that we've shared. I feel that I have become a better man for it.

But, naturally, she completely forgot. I had anticipated this and didn't say anything leading up to today. I had an off-site meeting today, and knew I would get home early, thinking that I would be able to cook up something fancy and surprise her. Sure enough, despite having gotten home early, the moment I opened up my email, I got lassoed into putting out 3,000 different fires. By the time I managed to get out of the house to go shopping for ingredients, the lady was already on her way home.

We ended up eating at around nine o'clock, so it was a little late, but still managed to cook a decent meal. I had hoped to be able to do a nice presentation, but gave up on that idea. Since we had gotten started fairly late and she had realized why I was cooking so much food, she decided to come and help me prepare the meal. We ended up having a clam and 4-mushroom pasta with homemade cream sauce for the main dish. On the side, I made a simple stewed pork dish that Emeril made (we didn't have enough time to really let it soften up, so we ate it as a sort of hearty soup-y thing), and a simple salad with a balsamic/olive oil dressing. For drinks, I picked up a nice bottle of Stag's Leap chardonnay. While not the fanciest or prettiest meal I've ever cooked, it was tasty and very satisfying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! M and I celebrate one year next weekend. So far, the plan is just to camp out at home. Nothin' wrong with small celebrations.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger eingy said...

I love the one-on-one small celebrations. Seppo and I still wish each other happy anniversary on the 10th of every month (3/10 is our "date-versary") and have been doing so since 1998. :)

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Andre Alforque said...

Coming up on 12 years for me... that my first girlfriend dumped me. :p Sometimes being single sucks... a lot.

Congrats to you!

10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home