Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Meme. Let me show you it.

Stolen from eingy and Seppo (who subsequently stole it from Niralth)...

20 years ago, I...
1) moved from Diamond Bar, CA to Walnut, CA to avoid going to the really bad high school in the area.
2) most contact with all friends and was fairly lonely for a while, being as shy as I used to be.
3) finally started getting a deeper understanding of martial arts.

15 years ago, I...
1) had finally come out of my shell and become extroverted (growing 7-8 inches in a year will do that)
2) was in the middle of my first long-term relationship... and lost my virginity (too early, perhaps)
3) took part in my first theater production (first and only musical I ever did, too... Though, I also did a version of "Fame," but I didn't sing in that one.)

10 years ago, I...
1) had just ended one of the most unstable relationships of my life and soon after, met the woman I would spend the rest of my life with.
2) had made the decision to quit my bio major and to study Japanese literature.
3) met the circle of friends that would become my surrogate family.

5 years ago, I...
1) had made the decision not to go back to school for my PhD in literature and to see where this career would take me.
2) finally got myself on track financially by paying off the first of many loans.
3) lost my first friend to an unfortunate disease.

2 years ago, I...
1) lost my American grandfather, the first relative I had ever lost.
2) changed departments within the company, causing my career direction to shift considerably.
3) made a commitment to man-up and stick by my woman to help her find her calling in life.

1 year ago, I...
1) achieved the financial goal I had previously assumed I would reach at age 35.
2) lost my second grandfather, whom I had at least had the opportunity to spend more time with, due to all my work travel.
3) lost my best friend of 11 years (my cat) who was the first pet I'd ever raised entirely by myself... but soon after, met the 2 new rascals that would continue to terrorize me for the next year.

Yesterday, I...
1) discovered that one of said rascals has discovered that he can actually get on top of the kitchen counter, making for all new levels of disaster.
2) made the definitive decision that I would make director by next year, dammit.
3) finished setting up my iPod Touch that I got for my birthday and marveled at how far techology had come in such a short period of time.

Today, I...
1) was late for a meeting that was moved up *while* I was driving to work, and by the time I got to work, the meeting was already finished.
2) will kick HR in the but to make sure they're actually moving forward with the hiring a new assistant thing.
3) will cook dinner and do some cleaning when I get home, because it sounded like the woman was a little stressed out over the phone a little earlier.

Tomorrow, I'll...
1) try to get around to playing at least one of the games in the stack of games I picked up over the weekend.
2) turn in my damn expense reports.
3) call both of my grandmas.

In 5 years, I'll...
1) finally be married and hopefully have 1 or 2 kids.
2) hopefully have made senior director or VP at this company, or another one.
3) finally have a place I can call "home," not just a rental that I move out of after a year or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home